When we receive the certificate for burial or cremation, we will discuss options with you to set a date for the funeral and to start planning all the necessary arrangements. The first step will be for us to organise a time to meet with family members. We can have this meeting here at our offices, or in the comfort of your own home.
During the appointment, we will explain the different aspects involved in arranging a funeral. We will cover the following:
- The type of funeral: whether it is a burial or cremation.
- Whether the family would like to use our private chapel of rest.
- What the style and design of the coffin or casket will be.
- Arranging the funeral cars and transport to the funeral service.
- Finalising the procession route.
- The music for the service.
- Funeral flower choices.
- Arranging the service sheets.
- Obituaries/newspaper announcements.
- Options for memorials and headstones.
- The funeral fees (if the costs are not covered by a pre-paid plan).